Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

A busy little bee

Ivy is so alive these days. She is constantly moving and flailing around unless she is sleeping. She is still the sweetest little thing and loves to have her hair petted and be talked to. She tries to talk back and is always cooing and smiling. She is ready to be able to sit up and get moving, I think she is bored of being on her back all the time. She LOVES her mobile! It is so funny to watch her try to reach her mobile because she concentrates so hard and is very serious about trying to get it. It wears her out to sit under it and run around on her back. If she is tired of being on her back she will watch me and make noises at me to come pick her up. She loves to "perch" on my shoulder like a little bird while being carried around. It is her lookout. I think she is going to be a social little girl because she really doesn't like to be left out. She will suck on anything, blankets, pacis, fists, toys. She wants to put everything in her mouth. Sometime when she is sleeping, she will keep one eye open to make sure you dont put her down.

She is a great sleeper (8 - 5ish) and does not really need a schedule at all. I just let her tell me what she needs. Wade was not this way, he was on a tight schedule and did really well with it. She hardly cries unless her tummy hurts. Her tummy had been awful and hurting her for about two months. I experimented with my diet and any time I eat dairy her stomach just can not handle it. No more dairy for me. She is much better now and so happy! Her spitting up is so much better also, and Im thankful for that. Now I only have to change shirts about once a day as opposed to 5X.

She still has that full head of hair. It looks exactly like Michael's hair. So thick and light brown. I still cant go anywhere without someone commenting on her hair. I always find Wade checking out her hair, I dont think he understands what the big deal is....it is just hair! When Ivy wakes up in the morning her hair is wild, sticking up in all directions. I need to take a pic of it.

Cathy, Michael's mom, showed me a picture of herself when she was a baby. Ivy looks exactly like her! We are going to have another little Cathy Keller running around soon.
















Snuggle bug. She takes the best naps in mom and dad's bed.

No comments: