Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Haircut #2

Today I woke up feeling brave and rested, so decided that I better take Wade to get a haircut before my motivation wore off. We went to a place called Pigtails and Crewcuts. The name is cute, yet kinda annoying in a way. Maybe I just decided the name was annoying as we were driving home, worn out from our haircut experience...but it kinda is.

It was way past time for us to make this adventure. I have been putting it off for so long because I LOVE Wade's long blonde hair. I'm not into high and tight haircuts for babies and it is probably the only time in his life he can get away with having long shaggy hair. But, he needed a real haircut. I have been taking a few snips here and there for the last few months, but he gets so mad at me, so I gave up on that. I have even tried cutting it in his sleep. He started to look like he had an old school bowl cut, which doesn't work so well with his XXL size head(thanks dad!).

So off we went to Pigtails and Crewcuts. They had the cutest little cars, airplanes and fire trucks for the kids to sit in while having their haircut. See pic below. When it was time for Wade's haircut, I ended up having to hold Wade in my lamp and pin his arms down with one hand while holding his head in place with another hand. Every now and then he would get an arm loose and hit the lady that was cutting his hair. I felt so bad...but she acted like it happened all the time. Wade screamed so hard the entire time and kept looking at me like " dont you see I am being tortured?" When the haircut was finally over he just laid his BIG head on my shoulder, heaving for a few minutes to regain his breath from all the crying. We were both worn out, but he sure does look handsome. I know his grandparent will like his haircut.


Before


















After


















Still cute in the back

No comments: