Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

One of our favorite places

Cashiers, North Carolina.

Michael, Wade and I were able to get away for a long weekend in the "mount"(thats what Wade calls it) over the 4th of July holiday. It was so nice to be out of the HOT Atlanta weather. We spent most of our weekend outside just piddling around. Daddy Reed just built Wade a fishing hole... so we spent a lot of time by the lake checking out the fishing whole and taking rides in the canoe. It may be a year or so until he catches on to fishing(pun intended).

Michael and I went furniture shopping on Saturday. It was actually Michael's idea. He is NOT a shopper, he is just excited about buying furniture for our house. We didnt buy anything, the area is a little pricey for us, but saw some great antiques and got ideas for what we want in our house. We did find these charming church pews that would be so cool in our house...if they would only fit. They were about 8 feet long. Oh well, good idea.

I know Cashiers is Michael's absolute favorite place to be and it is in my top three places to be. We got married there, so how could it not be one of my fave spots? My others... HOME and Kennebunkport, Maine. Michael's family has been going to Cashiers since he was a kid, so it has a special place in his heart. Sweet.

Wade leading the troops.


















I love this picture.














The only picture we got of the three of us, why is it so hard to get a family picture?














I LOVE this picture.














Daddy Reed and Wade dancing in front of about 500 people. Hilarious. I have a video of this that I need to post.


















Just being thoughtful...


















End of the night, so tired.














Cant wait to go back. We had a great time with the Kellers.

No comments: