Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Countdown had begun!

T-minus 2 weeks until we move into our NEW house. It is not actually our NEW house, but when we move back in to our house it will feel like a brand new house to us. We have added on a second level and knocked out some walls on the main level, thank you insurance. So I have been calling it our "second" or "new" house. In cases you don't know a tree fell on our houses in April and we have been living at Michael's parent's house since then. (Read about it here).

Move in Day is Thursday October 8th. All painting will be finished today and carpet and the hard wood floor refinishing will be complete early next week. ahhhh, I mean, AHHHH!

Also, Michael worked all day in the yard yesterday planting. We will lay sod next weekend. It looks great and he is such a hard worker. Im so thankful for him.

Check out the progress in pics below- some walls only have one coat of paint so far.

Wade's Room - It is BRIGHT ! Color: Sweet Daphne - Benjamin Moore














Color Providence Olive - Benjamin Moore














Master Bath


















Master Bedroom - Night Mist- Benjamin Moore














Abdington Putty- Benjamin Moore















All ceilings, trim and rooms not shown are linen white.


Overall, Im really excited about the paint colors. I do wish I had tested them out like you are supposed to before finalizing a color. But, its just like me to go for it without testing them out. The only color I would have changed is Wade's room, but I do think it will look great once we get his furniture in there and I know Wade will be so excited to have a bright green room. The colors do look better in person than in the photos, I think so at least :)

Thank you, Michael, for working so hard on our house! And thank you Travelers Insurance for taking good care of us!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Mary! Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait for a tour! I love you and miss you!

elisebaumann said...

The house looks great! I love the green in Wade's room!

Bella Fresh said...

Can't wait for the your blog post about the move in! Your house looks amazing!!!!