Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Whew! Im glad today is over. Preschool went really well, at least to my knowledge.

I was so emotional dropping Wade off at school this morning. On the drive to school, we talked about preschool and what Wade was going to do at school. Wade got very excited when he remembered all the puzzles they have. As I pulled to the front of the carpool line, Wade's teacher opened the door to get Wade out and he realized what was happening. I wasn't coming to school with him. His bottom lip turned up and I saw the saddest face I have ever seen, he cried. I was sooo close to bursting into tears too. I kinda wanted to say never mind, we aren't going to do school this year. I had so many things I wanted to tell the teacher, but all I could manage to get out was " his pacifier is in the bag, he may need it." And Wade was off to school.

So I drove off and was finally able to cry! I cried and cried and cried. By the time I got home, I was done crying. I paced around a lot, then settled down to work.

I left extra early to pick up Wade and was a little embarrassed because I thought I would be the first one in carpool line, but I wasn't. I guess other moms were anxious to pick up their little ones from their first day of school as well. I was so happy when I finally got my hands on Wade, I teared up a little again. The teacher said he did great, but got tired and cried at the end. I guess that is what they are supposed to say.

I asked Wade what he did at school and he said "potty." Im not sure what that means, but he is in a potty training class and they ask parents to send pull ups instead of diapers. He said that he had fun and he wants to go back. He also said he ate his snack and played with puzzles. He was crying a little when I picked him up and just heaved the whole way home. Im guessing there was a lot of crying today.

Overall, Im so happy that Wade is going to school mostly because I think he needs the social interaction with other kids his age. Yay for Wade, Im so proud of him. Tear tear.

No comments: