Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

VeggieLand

Michael and I tried out a vegan/vegetarian restaurant tonight and both agreed that we will most likely become regulars. Michael rated the food a 8/10, he is a tough judge though. His only complaint was that the restaurant smelled like fingernail polish. It actually did, just a little. I believe there is a nail salon next door. I really liked the restaurant as well. It was a complete hole in the wall, but the food was extremely fresh and tasty. It seemed to have a group of regulars because the one waitress knew everyone dinning there, and there were about 15 people in and out while we were there. So, give it a shot if you wish, it is located right off Peachtree Road on Pharr Road. Dine in or take out.

Here is what we ordered: peppermint tea, "chicken" noodle soup, stir fry veggies and tofu over brown rice with sliced almonds and cashews(me), "chicken" and veggies over brown rice(Michael), and old fashioned chocolate cake. The dessert was actually amazing. I could not tell it was vegan at all.

Here is a pic of my dish:


















*I will be posting some pics of our home cooked vegan meals soon, I keep forgetting to take pictures. We have the BEST recipe for vegan burgers!

No comments: